Thread: Older Xrays
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019

Default Older Xrays

I'll be honest, I didn't realise this sub-section was here until now. I thought I might share a couple of cars from my little, and ever growing collection.

I have been fascinate by the Xray cars since I first saw them in a magazine in late 1999. Remember this was way before the internet was what it is today. My fix was one of three magazines that I would regularly get, RCCi was easy enough to get, RACER was almost as easy to get but lacked that special something that a good mag has. And my favourite, though it was the hardest to get was RC Car Action from the states. In the end I had my local Newsagent order me in a copy each month. I was fascinated by these kits as they were unlike anything else at the time. Yokomo had the best shot at TC in the late 90's, but went towards plastic kits as did most of the other manufactures. Xray started with a high end kit that was way above anyone else at the time. The materials and quality were so much better than anyone else, but they were expensive. I couldn't really afford one at the time, but I wish now I had saved and bought one back then.

I have been collecting T1 parts for years from eBay and from model shop sale bins. I almost had enough parts to assemble a car, and around a year ago a new chassis and bulkheads turned up on ebay. It was an odd set up as the chassis was an early one, but the bulkheads were keyed but not anodised, so either T1m or T1r. This is what I was able to assemble:-

I was really happy with the outcome, even though it was a bit of a mess of years.

Last edited by kanerdog1x1; 14-12-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: pics too big, man