View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC View Post
I agree with chris, iv disassembled and rebuilt shocks for full size racing cars and i cant see a reason why you would want a faster bump than rebound. The shims would want to be on top of the piston so the piston would have the required amount of damping/pack but then a faster reaction on rebound to keep the wheel in contact with the ground for traction. Maybe for some surfaces of touring car racing they could be run the other way round for a slower rate of rebound. As for three way shocks i doubt the internals required could be made so small for rc shocks, this is achieved by having a small bypass tube around the shock with a spring loaded bleed off valve. this would then make for four way adjustable, fast and slow speed bump and rebound. This when you really could tie yourself in knots.
would on small undulating bump the stiffer up travel not ride bumps, and unsettle the chassis as chris d said? if the shock can react quicker to the smaller bumps the chassis would stay flatter and the wheel in contact with the ground?