Thread: new X-7
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013
Mad Member

Answering here in response to a guy who posted in the Cubed thread.

Development of the X - 7 is ongoing. Up until now we have had two copies of each prototype car in testing, one in U.K. and one for Paul. We are confident enough of the current design, Gen 7.0, that a third is being built. Paul's is in the hands of a west coast Team driver and he is building another identical one for himself.

Why has the X - 7 project taken so long? First, my illness almost killed it -- there was no time for Paul to work on anything other than shipping orders because he was at the hospital every day for several months. Everything else, including Paul's primary job, R & D, stopped.

When I returned to the company in a tentative and very part time way, summer of 2011, the R/C market was changing fast from where it was just a year earlier, and X Factory had to move fast to catch up. Now I have returned to a "normal" schedule, and Paul does what he is supposed to do. In the past 12 months we have launched two new cars beginning with the SCX - 60CF short course truck, then on to the X - 60CF stadium truck, and now we are set to release the X - 6 Cubed.

These vehicles are developing sales and market share necessary for the launch of the X - 7, which will be, by a factor of five, the most costly and ambitious project we have ever attempted. We still have seen nothing on the market that has any of the engineering breakthroughs on the X - 7. It is revolutionary.

Stay with us as we continue to develop and release cars and parts that nobody else can or will do. The X - 7 is a true X Factory car.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC