Thread: Motor quality?
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty2332 View Post
I used a speed passion motor in my vintage buggy, it was a 10.5 and all the other cars I was racing against had a 10.5's as well.
The speed passion motor just seemed a bit lifeless compared to the cars I was competing against, it didn't seem to have the acceleration / pull, or the top speed of the other 10.5 I was racing against.

I am guessing the magnets are not as strong, maybe components are cheaper / lower quality, and less R&D goes into their motors compared to Maclan, Hobbywing, LRP, etc.

I mentioned it to a couple of people I was racing against about how slow the motor felt and it seemed to be common knowledge that they were not as quick as other manufactures and people seem to refer to them as Slow Passion.

I ended up switching it out for a Sky RC Ares, but the 10.5 that seems to be popular at the moment is the LRP X22
That was what I had on Sunday. Someone wizzed past me on the straight and I thought I had my 13.5t in when they said they were running a 10.5t but then I checked and mine was also 10.5 (even with boost!)

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...