Thread: rumours rumours
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
I ran a 4.5 at carpet wars all winter and never dumped whilst gunning it all the way. You'll never use as much power in a buggy... I ran my 4.5 in 6-cell at worksop once and had to back the timing down a lot to be able to drive it... Ran it the week after at the Petit RC race and people were asking me what cells I had that's how quick the car was... They never realised I had a 4.5...

If I'm not mistaken the actual rules state that you can run 5 cells but you need to have the 6th in the car, meaning you're not gaining anything weight wise. A cell is roughly 68g and we've found it to make quite a difference in TC and I believe in buggy it would also. So trying it following the actual rules won't mean anything, since you'll not have any of the benefits of running at lower weight.

I'm not saying it's the way forward, I'm saying it won't be as hard on cells as in TC where we dump a pack with our 3.5s and other silly winds...
1) I don't agree, I've tried this and runtime is much less. For us "serious" racers we'll be ok with fresh high-capacity cells. But for Joe Racer a 5 cell rule would be negative. The not so good racers also traditionally try to compensate for lack of skills by running a lower wind motor = double trouble...

2) You're wrong. IFMAR rules state you must have 6 cells onboard, not EFRA and BRCA. You can run 5 cells if you like now. So why make an uneccesary rule out of this?

Why not be able to run 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... or what ever cells you like? It really doesen't matter!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom