View Single Post
Old 14-08-2015

Well, second race night and it went fairly well. Jnr has tamed the car somewhat and had some good pace throughout. Trim was a bit off, and there was little time to fix it but as the night went on we think it was just right. Looking at a solid third or maybe second place in the B final, when one of the motor leads came off after a bit of a shunt, but that's racing (and poor soldering!). Jnr not too despondent, and had a good night overall. Now fired up for the next round!

What was interesting was the EPA for the throttle is adjusted down to 100pct rather than full fat 120pct, and proves speed on the straights is much less important compared to getting the car round cleanly and being tidy in the in sections.

Lots more advice and a very friendly crowd, silver solder ordered and some new cable, plus an Ascari shell to order and painted in a bright colour as the lambo one is indeed not the greatest shell to run. As per the advice from Mark, I can see now that the shell is rather big and unwieldy in comparison.

No chunking of the tyres which was nice, we prepared them properly this time with glue and putting an edge on them.

May run my new car next time, but need to get into a very disciplined approach to fit in mechanic duties for two cars and marshalling!

I did have a cheeky couple of laps "checking" Jnr's car, its remarkable how direct they are, very different from my Mardave Mini Supastox days!

All good overall!

Cheers