View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016

Default Updates

So had some time this afternoon to take a closer look at the bits i had 3d printed.

i decided to make a prototype chassis to make sure

A. The 3d printed gear box fits/clears/bolts in

B.to get a feel for how low it would look

C.Get a rough handle on the wheel base of the thing.

This picture shows how much longer the chassis relative to the atomic extended wheel base chassis.
This is the negligible option as i wanted to try and keep it as close to a cr2 as possible. the other option i have is to make i quite a bit longer but would need to do a check to see if the wheel base would be ridiculous or not.
the extra length is needed to accommodate a saddle pack due the waterfall brace pushing a saddle pack further up the chassis.

Also made a very "crude" motor mount (not my best unfortunatley) but again just to give an idea see were things were at.

The out come of it is.

Motor mount = fine.

Gear box- tweaks needed.Had to cut a 2mm x 1mm slither of the rear of the gear box to get it to sit in nice and how it should. will also need to relocate the hole were the screw goes threw the shock tower/gear box/shock tower.
as it does not quite line up.
Also going to address the side of the hole needed in the chassis where the gearbox goes into.now looking at it on and a psychical chassis i can play around wit the bulge on the gear box get it shrunk

other than that rather happy

Probably have to wait till next payday (snoreee) to get more bits printed and get the gear box internals.
Think i will complete the mock up then once happy get a chassis cut and should be straight swap(he ses)

CR2L is born!
(L is for Low or Liam...)
Kyosho Lazer 2000 (with zx parts)
Atomic CR2 SCT

Last edited by londonladliam; 02-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.