View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013
Mad Member

Firstly, sorry Darren for today. Was on holiday and only got back yesterday and didn't want to disturb you. I accept the penalty and will sort the relevant penalty.

Sam,

It is quite disturbing that foul language etc is being used at any meeting!! You are correct that a finalist's should be more etiquette. But this also answers one of your questions why the a finalists receive slightly more attention. (Its the race most people want to see)

Marshalling is something that has become pretty poor in most meetings over the years, this is from all abilities and not just the top 10 etc. maybe marshal penalties is one way of looking at this?? But the main fact to anyone should be 'marshal how you would like to be marshalled' if you can't do any better then no need to comment.

Commentary is another chore for the race organisers, yes everyone would like to hear it but it is not always possible. But, I am sure if people out there are willing to have a go then speak to the race organisers and I am pretty sure they would let you do it.

If you are not happy with the language used at some meetings then first point of call is the race director. This should not be tolerated, but if they are not aware nothing can be done.

Hope this has helped with your thoughts and be assured its not all about the top 10.

John