Thread: Pro vs 'R'
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010
Mad Member

The thinking behind a competion machine, especially one that is fairly expensive is that it's not going to be bought by a first time racer so compromises can be made which will sacrifice durability but offer maximum performance from the car.

The fact that durango have introduced a kit which is still high quality but with a cheaper price tag means it will be looked at by a wider and less experienced audience, they have seen feedback on the exisiting driveshafts so have done something to make them stronger.

So far I've only had a couple of trips out with my 410 but I haven't experienced any problems so far but I have planned on replacing the pins every few meetings anyway. This is a full on race car, to expect no maintenace to the drivetrain bespecially with todays levels of power would be absurd.

Should they offer a discount to owners of the full fat car? I don't think they should, I'm pretty sure schumacher aren't doing a deal for cat SX owners and Xfactory didn't do anything for x6 owners when the squared came out.

I think I will be getting hold of a set with the 2mm pins in due course but until then I will continue to use the existing ones.

ETA - It would show real commitment to their drivers if Durango did offer an upgrade discount but they shouldn't feel obliged to.

Last edited by Bungleaio; 11-03-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Extra text added