View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018

The new rear shocks arrived and they fit well and are a match for the front ones , I've been swapping springs about to try and get a good set up , I still think the springs up front are a bit stiff but I have no softer ones that fit , I'm tempted to just add a little weight up front as that will help and might be good for the weight distribution as well , many people did a mid motor conversion bitd both for better weight distribution and to use a geared spur gear instead of the first belt off the motor so adding weight to the front won't be a bad thing , I don't want to do the mid motor conversion to this one .
I had to change my plans a bit for the motor , I had planned on running a brushed set up but my friend who I mostly drive with has just ordered a Schumacher CAT re re and is planning on running a brushless motor so I've stripped a mild non sensor brushless set up out of another car and fitted it , wow ! It really goes :mrgreen: and the belt only slips a bit on breaking not under acceleration .