View Single Post
Old 16-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayce View Post
That's the problem with people relying on flavor of the month to cure their lack of skills as a tuner, mechanic, or DRIVER.
I wouldn't necessarily agree on that. Some cars are just easier to be faster and far more predictable when pushed.

Me personally I remember having a go on a squared in practise when I was running 4wd . I was immediately impressed on how an un setup car had far more high speed turn in, grip and flew over the bumps compare to the numerous 2wd cars that I have ran in the past .

My experience shows that my

Trf201 was very predictable, understeered at speed but was stable at all speed. Cheap parts was a massive bonus . However was not aggressive enough for me.

Cougar had masses more steering, was generally fast but needed a longer wheelbase, soft top deck and was expensive on breakages.

X6 was ace all around but I managed to snap the chassis as I made the front end to strong by having a k factory tower and alloy top plate . Chassis snapped at literally 10 mph and it put me off.

B4 - what brought me back to racing and when I ran one everyone had one. Never changed the setup and was great apart from in the wet where it behaved like err every other 2wd ha ha. ( other cars I've ran are not as tail happy ).
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199