View Single Post
Old 28-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I'm still in search of some more rear end grip for racing on a dusty grass track. Car is nicely balanced with the following setup but lacks a considerably amount of forwards drive.

Rear:
6 hole piston
30 wt - losi oil
2.0 spring
middle hole on tower and inside on wishbone

4 degree strap
3mm of anti squat washers on the 4.5degree block

39mm rear camber plate with spacer underneath and no washers under ball stud, mounted on middle hole on hub

medium wheel base

Front:
5 Hole piston
40 wt - losi oil
4.5 spring
middle on shock tower, inside on wishbone

50.5mm camber plate with 3mm or washers under ball stud, mounted on outside of hub

Other:
Low diff,
8mm chassis
21mm rear ride height, 22mm front ride height
75 grams weight under chassis (located from rear of chassis to mid battery position, down centre)

I have considered trying a high diff and short wheel base, any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Adding more spacing under the rear camber plate will not only increase your sidebite, but also increase your foward grip. On my car, I ran the normal plastic spacer(2mm)added a 2mm spacer and left the 1mm under the ballstud. I also modded the camber plate to match the hole for the SXII stock plate. It would be easier just to install the SXII camber plate. That made the ball stud more inboard and more linear to the driveline. Also a improvement. Also remove the anti-squat shims to increase the foward drive. I liked -4.5 antisquat for every track I ran on.

Like Tom, I too run considerable weight on my chassis.
I use 3/4 oz under the front bulkhead in all of the moulding holes,
1/2 oz on each side of the battery behind the servo, 1 oz in front of the mtr, 1/4 oz under the pinion, 1/4 oz in front and rear of the diff inside the transmission, and 1/4 oz ontop of the rear toe strap. I also used the alloy trans housing, steel layshaft,and steel outer gears. All of my testing is on dirt, med-high clay surface. If anyone needs help just ask.

Tom, good job at the warmups BTW.