Thread: Pictures
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Phil, the 'main straight' is right at the back. It is over 30m long, more than long enough

It is flat - been rolled many times, and will be rolled over the coming months. There is a white, low, concrete curb between it and the flat(ish) area I was meaning. When I say flat(ish) I mean there are elevation changes is it, not nasty bumps

The straight/track is designed to run both ways, but I think the "best" layout will be onto the straight from the (over) 12 foot high banked corner - down the straight - and round the slightly banked corner at the end of the straight.

It'll all make sense when we can get better pictures and you see it in the flesh, the pictures don't do it justice tbh.

G

you know this 20m rule, its a bit grey dont you think

from the 09 online rules

The straight for starting finals, will be a minimum of 20 metres long, with no obstructions, including any
form of jump, sudden rise or fall

im fine with the last bit, but where do they( the brca) start the 20m ?? end of the final turn onto the straight or from the ourside edge of the track- even if this edge isnt in use as the bends in and off the straight keep you well way from this area??

like kiddy and southport where there is that extra area fro the cars to start from , but isnt really used on a lap