View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019

Default Electrics (ESC/ Motor/ Servo etc) for 1/10th 4WD Buggy

Hi Guys I posted the below on the 1/10th forum but thought it might be more relevant here as I'm looking at getting back to club racing for 1/10th 4wd buggy racing after a very very long break and wanted advice on Electronics such as ESC and Motors, Servos etc.

I'll probably be running something like a Schumacher CAT K2 or AE B64

Moving on to Electrics the last time I raced it was all Nicads and Brushed motors and pretty basic ESC (I remember FEts and Solenoid reverse ).

So advice would be great on the following for 1/10th 4WD:

Looking at propulsion I think ideally a ESC and Motor Combo would be a good idea (sensored) probably the equivalent of a 7-8Turn motor - maybe higher. Brand and model (ESC + Motor combo) wise I really haven't much of a clue which would be good for club racing I hear good things about Hobbywing any Idea what model would be best. Don't want to spend a fortune just a good reliable club package to get back into the Sport but could be competitive once I get a lot better????

Any suggestions on a good steering servo for 4wd 1/10th?

Lastly any good suggestions on the Batteries now Lipo is all the rage and much longer run times I guess most go for a shorty but what would be a good brand and Mah's capacity for a good run times and how many would a need for a club meet (1 -2 or more) and how quickly do these recharge?

Thanks guys sorry for all the questions but I want to try and get my head around this as it all seems very different to when I last raced and getting the electrics right seems important as I don't want to invest in poor quality or uncompetitive equipment (at least in the long run as I probably be quite poor to start with).

Looking forward to your recommendations and suggestions.