View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
I mean people who sell batteries who champion the list. I cant believe any manufacturer of car or lipo would design something for some regionals.
The real problem here is hobbyking not submitting, I've contacted them so maybe I'll hear something. Maybe if some more people on here did the same we could get somewhere? Seeing as this list seems to be so precious.
The list was originally championed by racers, to save them money The guys selling batteries were more than happy selling the battery of the month each month. I'd imagine that they were pretty frustrated at the creation of the list and rules. They were then only allowed to sell new batteries once a year and there was a maximum price so they couldn't increase it beyond reasonable (and I believe it stayed pretty stable for years!). Do you think battery sellers would rather have the pre or post list scenario?

No, a manufacturer probably wouldn't for regionals, correct. But a guy in his garage might, and find an odd shaped lipo that will fit. Great for him, unlucky for anyone trying to race against him on a level playing field.

The regionals are supposed to be a stepping stone to nationals. How would you feel after doing a year of regionals, going to your first national and finding your cells aren't legal and you can't race? Club racing is supposed to be the step before regionals, which is why I'd always recommend to a club racer to buy a lipo from the list.

I feel we actually all agree there should be rules and a list for nationals and above? The debate is about regionals? Personally I don't feel informed enough to make a decision on what regional rules should be. As MattW said, there was a proposal to remove the list for regionals, and for whatever reason that proposal was withdrawn. I'm guessing it was withdrawn for a very sensible reason that was explained at the meeting. I'd expect that when the section minutes are available it'll also be noted in there for is all to know, simples!

Last edited by Cockerill; 06-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.