View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Wish I could have a say in my pay. Shouldnt people be impartial? It's like MPs voting for their own pay rises
explain the difference between a person voting at the AGM to keep the battery list because he happens to have a vested interest in selling them and someone voting to lose the list because he has access to cheap batteries not on the list.

i understand that making racing cheaper for themselves is a priority for some, others will spend huge sums on the latest parts.
all motor sport incurs costs, the further into the sport the more the cost and more rules, we currently have a set of rules which allow clubs to decide what they will allow racers to run at clubs, we then step up these rules into regional events, they increase at national level and again at euro and world levels.
the decision here is at what point is a particular rule applied, you wish to apply the battery list at national level rather than the current regional level.
you may have strong support from other racers, unfortunately this year you will have to either buy listed batteries or not do regionals, next year you could propose a change and put it to the AGM, it may pass it may not.