Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Im confused. How can option 3 be easier and cheaper as there is more work. Still you do actually make a good point so we will only need to fit the spur gear, pads, and the front plate from a B4 as well as the thrust race and spring.

I still think a lot of people like me prefer the one way and with this option if someone wants a permanent 4wd all they do is tighten it up. Still if you put a slot in the layshaft for a pin to go through so you can bolt the pulley to it then once fitted you don't need to fit the e clip on the layshaft and due to this you can use a bearing instead of the thrust race and means that the bearing will be thinner and should be enough to make a perfect fit. Other option I like was having a flat spot on the layshaft and using an allen key to bolt the pulley to, but as you say is costly to make.
i beleive option 3 will be cheaper becuase making a new pulley would be more expensive, as far as i know machining a pulley isnt cheap. about putting in a normal bearing into the one way side pulley, i beleive that may not be an option. Kyosho designed it with a thrust bearing becuase you may actually tighthen the outer nut to the max, to stop the one way action(or course also to allow the torque split to work). If you were to do that with a normal bearing on the inside, it may possibly be damaged becuase radial bearings dont take too much axial loads well. Still it could work because once you tighthen it the bearing shouldnt rotate on its own.i will have to try this out if its possible. The problem is finding a bearing that would fit, cause the only available one should be 4x8 and i think it wont go in the pulley side step. But however it could prove useless becuase the normal 4x8 bearing thickness will probably extend to the other pulley too. you guys said i fitted the front pulley wrong? ok i will try to fit them the other way tonight and see how it looks like. Sorry, i havent touched my lazer in a long long time ! well whatever it is, lets brainstorm and find the best solution.