Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
i beleive option 3 will be cheaper becuase making a new pulley would be more expensive, as far as i know machining a pulley isnt cheap. about putting in a normal bearing into the one way side pulley, i beleive that may not be an option. Kyosho designed it with a thrust bearing becuase you may actually tighthen the outer nut to the max, to stop the one way action(or course also to allow the torque split to work). If you were to do that with a normal bearing on the inside, it may possibly be damaged becuase radial bearings dont take too much axial loads well. Still it could work because once you tighthen it the bearing shouldnt rotate on its own.i will have to try this out if its possible. The problem is finding a bearing that would fit, cause the only available one should be 4x8 and i think it wont go in the pulley side step. But however it could prove useless becuase the normal 4x8 bearing thickness will probably extend to the other pulley too. you guys said i fitted the front pulley wrong? ok i will try to fit them the other way tonight and see how it looks like. Sorry, i havent touched my lazer in a long long time ! well whatever it is, lets brainstorm and find the best solution.
I think i understand you. The oneway hub, opposite to the oneway for the front belt doesnt need a bearing at all. The only oneway required is for the front belt.

Also there are loads of different size bearings that fit the layshaft, if memory serves me correctly i opted for a bearing from my sponsers motor and fitted perfectly. It was from a brushed motor. This made the car a bit more free so try it and see.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS