Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon View Post
welshy40, when you said the slipper is smooth, which one did you mean, oosh's one or mine, or both? anyway your second layshaft is in the works. i asked the machinist to make 2, one for you one for me. with the spur brought in closer. you should get someone to video record your Lazer in action for all of us to see.
Sorry I didnt write it correctly. Your layshaft is superb and using the standard slipper from the B4.1 I have it set spot on for my gearbox on my car, but that shaft when the new one arrives will be moved to my ZXS when your newer version arrives.

On Oosh123's design he has moved the slipper metal plates much closer to the motor plate so believe there is enough room to fit the new VTS slipper clutch into the current gear cover, which as comments have stated means you can get more of a smoother drive as well as a longer life span on the slipper pads so you can have it slipping more without the worry of them burning out. I just want to test it to see what a difference it makes, plus this kindof puts a whole new perspective on things as not many cars are currently using this at the moment.

Good idea, I will get my video camera out and will make sure some videos are taken for this test. Ive also decided to try associated shocks and will see if I can get a resonable set up with more height in practice, if not back to the Traxxas shocks where the car hits the deck.

I am testing this design on Friday and will update on my findings.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS