View Single Post
Old 30-01-2017

I've just got a hobbywing 3in1 LCD Programme box and ordered an £11.60 120a ESC to have a go. They will take a while to arrive but I wanted some general ESC advice.

The only course near me is WLRC an on road track. I've just got a suitable roller and picked up a cheap orca vxx to go with it since I wanted something a little higher end for this use (any point?). I don't have the programme card for it though so it'll be left on blinky unless someone at the track has a box.

My other cars are a couple of team associated rc10b4 for bashing, an Durango DESC210 again for bashing, and a new bz-222 with cheap ESC currently that my new hobbywing-programmed ESC will probably go in first.

If I like it I'd like to get a few more and replace my other sensored ESCs;

-Novak GTB (have matching motor)
-Speed Passion Reventon R (have many matching motors) with programme box
-Castle Mamba Max Pro upto 6s (have matching fast motor) with castle link
-Losi Xcelorin 3/2s with some other random motor.
-Trackstar TS120a gen1 with coming skylink - usb and setup - and maybe a motor.

I would eBay them as brushless combos and hopefully make some coin and make some bashers happy with tried and tested setups.

So my question is is the bargain 120a better then these for bashing (or as good when setup)? Anything I should keep? Does this seem a good idea to you?

I'm new at this and mainly bashing with my brother so some consolidation seems like it would be cool. Thanks.

Sorry for the long post I don't post much.

Last edited by Zoea; 30-01-2017 at 12:34 AM.