Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2015

XRacer, it's lovely to see what could be construed as an inbiased view on what has been written, and I certainly appreciate your appraisal of no sign to be dissing creators, but honest feedback of individual experience,which is all I referenced.

Forums seem to bring on a confrontational stance in people, but I never once wished to offend or discredit any manufacturer with any design because as you so writely say, in the right hands any car will metaphorically sing.

Anyway, last evening saw my first outing with the Zen, after changing the ride height due to the new guess the kit came with, applying the shins and the rear spacers, car was set and off I went. My fastest laptime to my average dropped below a second which is better than my previous by some 3/4 of a second on the same track I've been driving on for five weeks. I qualified on pole for the B final, narrowly missing it on my very first official A final at maritime which is by far as competitive as any venue in the south.

My pal, with his Zen, had the most laps ever, lowest lap time ever and all we did was plug in a drive. We both left with the biggest smile ever and can't wait to get back to the track.

For a first time out, with a car never run before I think my point has been proved the Zen FOR ME is far better than the SSGT and delivers an out the box experience like no other. I could have turned up with one rench, some batteries, charger and tyre additive and that would have been enough. If a newbie knew this, I think the choice of first car would be simple. I didn't pick up the manual for the car once, mainly because there is nothing of it, because it is already race tuned and FOR ME performed like a dream.

Jeez what a night... Loved it.