Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by type49rs View Post
Hi Guys, first post here.

Wow, I have just finished reading all 246 pages of this thread and I'm totally blown away by the dedication shown towards keeping the Lazer on the track in the modern era. There's some very talented people on here.

I used to race a Lazer ZX and then a ZXR back in the day and have some very fond memories of those cars and after finding this thread I bit the bullet and purchased a used ZXR of ebay with the intention of reliving my youth

The car I bought appears to have many period hop-ups, the brands of which I'm unfamiliar with as many of the aftermarket brands were not imported here in New Zealand. From this thread I've managed to figure out what brand some of them are but may need some help with the others. I'll try to post some photo's (when I figure out how) from the original ebay auction.
Welcome to the club. Lets see them but can say if you have the alloy pivot blocks, bluey green front castor blocks (teamline), rc10 type screw on slipper clutch (hyper clutch), ujs all around, titanium tie rods, and carbon fibre chassis & towers then its pretty much spot on. However you will need a vts slipper clutch from the B4 and alcyons layshaft to bring it up to the pace of nowadays cars. This once set up correctly is much more fun than any of these new cars to drive.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS