Thread: wheel-adapters
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
totally off-topic but did you found the Trakpower-lipos compared with Orion-Lipos.
I do have an 4200 Trakpower and also an Orion 3800 and I found the Orion to be more stable, needing almost no balancing (once every 20 runs and then it only took about 10 seconds, as with the trakpower the balancer is always working for several minutes) ... AND the Trakpower loosing some capacity over time
I've been running my Trakpower 4900's for about 4 months (1 in each car) and they never really come out, i just top them up in there. I top them up between heats on the trakpower charger with the balancer in-line and never really take any notice of what its doing so couldn't tell you how long its balancing for. I do know that my cars have never been slow and i have not noticed any drop in performance since running them. In 2wd i could probably do the entire qualifying runs on one charge.

I've not run orion lipo's so couldn't give you a comparison but can say that i really do not need any more power than i have!!