View Single Post
Old 20-02-2013

Best thing would be to come down and have a talk with everyone. As above TC’s are much more complicated, expensive, time consuming (need a lot of work to keep them handling proper) and fragile. And are abit hard work in Glos due to the small track we have.

The GT12’s are a much better size for the track and seem to have exploded in terms of numbers with between 20/25 a week and the TC’s are getting around 15.

Electrics I would personally stay away from the ezrun stuff and save yourself money in the long run and get a Hobbywing justock ESC from gientshark for £37 and one of the 21.5 turn motors on the list in the rules. (I think there is 4 options im using the hobbywing one) and you will have basically the same electrics as any of the top GT12 drivers in the club for not a lot of money. And be legal at SOME other clubs around such as Bristol, Chippenham, SPA and marston but not national events.

The 21.5 setup is much more simple and easy but saying that there is many options so come down and speak to different people and get there opinions as there are also cheap 1cell setups you could get to make yourself legal at any club.

My personal setup is a hobbywing justock ESC, hobbywing 21.5 motor, 2cell shorty lipo (nanotech I think form ebay) and it got as much horse power ay any1 else really other that possibly dave but he doing something dodgy im sure