View Single Post
Old 22-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
What do you mean? " Won't mean as much",

I believe that some of our racers that run on our circuit week after week may prefer a crash bang wallop start??? This hardly engaging to new racers. We all spend varying amounts on our cars, its safer and better on our pockets not all to go off at once. The excitment of having a main final at the end is great and more motivating. At least your race is less likely to be over in the first few races if all cars done fly off down the straight into the back of each other!!! Option 3 is the fairest method and everyone get a chance to head off first or at the front. Option 2 tends to be an advantage to the fastest racer, I like to race not sprint at the begining.

I raced all over world and option 3 is the most common and prefered.
For me, if i was fasted in the last race i want to be on pole next time, not be the first to go in a one by one order. I am pretty hard on my cars as you know , but i have not seen that many first corner incidents that have broken cars, can;t think of any right now. Sure you may get tangled up and it cost you time, but that is racing isn't it? I want to have a bit of fun and do as much racing as i can

Don't forget numbers have increased with the current setup so people must like it? Maybe if we change it could put new and old members off