View Single Post
Old 24-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

yes and no Ash, if life was that simple, the UK economy wouldn't be in such a shit hole that it is in, right now. The plain fact is, that a lot of companies, whilst the going has been good, have capitalised on it, but not been frugal and put profits away.

We take Hobby Co, it is sitting on a product range that could, if marketed correctly and priced right, be realy good for the scene, but as it is, they make their money elsewhere, but would rather sit on a product line and smother it than allow a competitor to make a better job of it. But if Hobby Co were to go through, I wouldn't shed a tear, as they have not tried to be supportive of it's customers.

Currently, most American products are no longer cheaper to buy from America than through the local distributor, but Tamiya is an odd one, as the pricing direct from Asia, is just so much less than the UK price, in a global marketplace, you shop with your wallet.

I have a lot of sympathy for shops, like DMS, as they want to support each brand, but they don't get the support from the likes of Hobby Co.