Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015

SlowOne.. The novel was well worth it and once again thank you.

I am really glad you said that about the Dynamite motor... This chap was very bolshy (maybe my interpretation) about the Thunder Power motor, but I thought the Dyanamite has some tremendous top end.

Thats really useful about the big three. I did remember about the average and best time, of course basic maths tells you these need to be as close as possible for the top performance.

The timing and the gear ratios I had not thought about so much, i have only 70T spur and I can't remember what my pinion is but I will check. These ratios I have not played with, as I feel I have plenty of acceleration and loads of top end so I have left it.

The rear end as you say sounds great from all who have mentioned it; with mixed reviews of the front end. It feels like the best way forwards for me, but I will definitely do some keen testing. There is a great place I visited over in Essex, Rayleigh Racetrack that provides a great place to spend a day testing.

I have Orion 4200 1s which was recommend from a very nice chap who runs the GT12.org website, who also advised the Toro 1s esc which feel like they have done me proud. I have two of these and seem to be going great guns at the moment. But I will maybe make an investment in the cells you mention, at least one, and see how they feel against mine.

Driving is definitely where I need to pick up.. I have noticed my throttle control has been much improved. Smooth tight turns hitting as close to apexes as I dare is certainly where I have my attention. I was a little full or nothing with the throttle which made for very erratic movement, trouble was the car was so quick and it freaked me out a bit, but my eyes and feels are coming back from the old days of buggy racing and I don't think it will be much longer before I get them all back.

Its funny, I go on half lap to 3/4 lap runs where it feels like the old days, smooth quick-ish and then I lose the feels but the more I pay attention to throttle control how smooth I can be use the most of the track I am sure it will come.

The car has up until yesterday handled like a dog, but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel which is exciting; thanks to you and others here on oOple which i again am very grateful.

Shame I have to wait a week before I can get another meet under my belt!! Gives me time to tinker...