Thread: Worksop RCC
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
There's a reason you can only use one new set at the start of the Worksop meeting, it's pretty unique though, I don't think anywhere else has had to go to the level we've had to.

For the last 10 years we have used Schumacher mini-pins as a control tyre, to get the most out of them though you needed to chop the pins off with snips until you could barely feel them, almost slicks, this was a faff but if you wanted to be competitive at all you had to do it. The other problem that sits with this is tyre additive - be this WD40 or other tyre additive, these soften the tyre and make it stickier, it is of course banned, we don't want any chemicals on the hall floor or for people to come into contact with.

As you will have seen, the level of competition at Worksop is intense and goes from literally the best in the world to club racers, it has to be fair for all though whether you're flying in to race, driving from Scotland or coming from down the road. You can use the tyres from Worksop anywhere else you please, so you will probably get 3-4 meetings out of the tyres.

The tyre we are using has been specifically designed for that venue at great expense. Hopefully it will transfer to other similar surfaces but these are few and far between.

If you're racing outdoors at RHR then buy some blue darts, they'll last ages (for the dry) for the wet buy some silver darts.

I sell a lot of my part used wheels and tyres very cheap at RHR, so you can race on a budget easily.
James again thank you for the insight , this explains a lot about the uniqueness of the Worksop track and why the rule is in place which I very much appreciate and understand. I was blown away with the meeting , I really was and look forward to meeting you at some point next year.

Lee