Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
By calling it "National" means its a bit more serious than a club meeting... and maybe going from basher, to a so called National is part of the problem
why not (as sw region have done this year) run regional truck events on the 4wd sundays from the local clubs as a stepping stone to the nationals.., as above I think sct is a great class and is gaining popularity, and can be great fun to drive
The National title you are referring too as being more serious is obviously an inherited opinion from Buggy racing; which this is not as I mentioned. Its called the nationals because we race in different regions, there are some that take it very very seriously and most of the other not so. I was the former and since converted to the latter, much like a travelling club as opposed to a full blown BRCA "National" event?

After racing on Tuesday night at Silverstone properly with a 2wd buggy I can honestly say the standard of driving in A and B finals at truck nationals is better, I got smashed into way more than I ever have at any truck event. In trucks as was said, most incidents are caused by collecting other crashed cars which is inevitable when we are normally twice the size of the cars the tracks were intended for?

We need to work on changing the attitudes of the "sheeple" so that they understand Short Course for what it is and not see it as a "support class" or second rate to buggies.

Trucks are so different to buggies to the point where the similarities end with the fact they are both Radio Controlled vehicles. They way you drive them, the way you set them up are all different, so why shouldn't the events be ran to a different format to accommodate this?