Thread: GT12 Help..
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Stu, Devon, top right of his post

There is no way the committee can make the 2018 gt12 nationals a control tyre, it would have to be proposed and voted for at the next agm, then implemented if passed for the 2019 season. If members propose turn up and vote, it gets in.

There are now a few clubs adopting contact control tyres only and also some clubs where drivers are simply trying them and liking them. Still plenty not.

Still plenty of places including nationals running open tyres.

Have you tried contacting any shop etc to see if you can exchange them for control tyres? (Providing they have not been trued etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Rondoola - I’m not sure what part of the country you are in, but very few clubs (if any) have adopted the “control tyre only” approach so I’m pretty confident you won’t have an issue running them.

I’d be mortified if the AGM made control tyres that Schumacher produced the only tyre to be used at the Nationals in 2018 - so you’ll be at least able to use them there.

The landscape of racing/technology is ever changing which does make me wary of stocking up on anything. I got three Ascari bodyshells only to see the new Mac shell blast it out the water from Zen Racing/Phat Bodies. But hey, we get sold goods in day to day life that get superceeded all the time. GT12 is no different.

I hope you continue to run GT12.

Best wishes
Stu.

Thats the problem, they all have been trued and took out of their boxes and put in tyre cases, if i do continue to race gt12 i'll make sure i dont stock up on tyres again, lol.

thanks for all the comments and ideas you've all posted on this matter..

Last edited by rondoolaa; 04-12-2017 at 06:42 PM.