Thread: 22 4.0
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017
Mad Member

Received, built and raced my 22 4.0 over the past weekend.

Thanks to DMS Racing for the super quick shipping.

Seemed to be a pretty straight forward build with no headaches along the way. Worth tapping some of the stiffezel parts with a smidge of black grease, especially the rear wishbones and side pods. Also worth double checking the instructions and whats in the box as there are quite a few tuning parts included in the kit to adjust, trail, toe, kick angle, anti-squat and roll center so it's worth pulling out the parts that suit the track or your driving style from the get go.

During the build I swapped out some of the kit items to improve reliability, strength, reduce weight and well just because they look nicer than the stock part (in my opinion);
JConcepts Fin Titanium Turnbuckles, Mono wheels and 6.5" rear wing,
Exotek allow front camber block,
Avid shock springs and pistons,
RDRP caged thrust race and diff balls

For power I installed a Vampire SR1+ ESC and AB+ V2 7.0 motor and 4600mah 80c shorty pack while a Corally CV-4008 is installed for fast precise steering.

Compared to my previous 22 2.0 the 22 4.0 instantly felt more nimble when it came to direction changes, while there was also plenty of forwards traction on the grass despite using the laydown gearbox.

Does anyone know if the UK team set-up's are uploaded anywhere now-a-days and if so where as I'd be interested to see what is being used where.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0124.JPG (748.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0125.JPG (439.6 KB, 62 views)

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!