View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016

Ignoring the excellent result in the hands of very good drivers, the car also did very well in the midfield too.

I for one was one that thought it be a one trick pony, like similar cars have been before. Very good on high grip but just about drivable in the wet. I'm happy to say I was wrong.

My car went down as built, with no practice time on it and not even trimmed/setup electrically, it literally hadn't turned a wheel before Sunday. I'm no superstar I just mix it up in the midfield on a good day.

Even in the wet it was drivable for my hands, not as easy to drive as my Rb6 in those conditions, but improtantly drivable and my gut feeling telling me about as fast. My wet results in a low heat and a fast drying track (so heats above had the advantage for sure) were on par with what I would expect out of me with a 2nd, even with horrendous traffic slowing me down (other than the top 3 cars on the heat) I think I lapped every other car about 4 times in a 5min stint, and the overall results still showed battling with drivers I would usually consider faster.

As the track dryied out the car started to show it's real pace.
Qualified very well, in a final with drivers last season would be 1 or 2 finals ahead, and gave them hell in the race. Certainly not outpaced and in most times faster.

All this in the first outing of the car, with minimum time to work on ironing out setup/handling quirks that didn't nesseceraly suit me.
The raw pace is there on this car, and works IMO in anybodies hands, even in conditions it wasn't really meant for.
It handles bumps/ruts well, jumps and lands well carries corner speed and it's nicely balanced. No doubt there is still more to come as we're getting used to it, and get even more out of it.

I was a skeptic, I'm now a believer.

Last edited by charlesk; 11-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.