Thread: paint by ian
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n design View Post
Nice to see some more of your work Ian, the detail on the 5th scale is epic.
Thank you fella, it was very very time consuming, working bigger is easier but then there is always more of it. Didn't even get many comments on the 5th scale forum but apparently that was due to shell it was on rather than the paintwork ???? Nice to work big though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Great to see some new stuff from your good self
That 5th Scale shell is INSANE!
Thank you very much sir. Very good of you to say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beale View Post
How on earth?!!!
Erm, honestly, I don't know, it's just what I do, stupidly insane jobs that no one else will take on because they just take too long. Luckily I had a job that paid well too so these were just a hobby but I am the slowest painter in the world.

The photo's have come out dreadful of these actually. The Gulf racing one has different blacks on it to pick out the window surround against what would have been carbon on the real one, doesn't show. The chameleon pearl on that fifth scale ( is also on the orange on the GULF ) just doens't show up, It flips through red and gold to green to completely transparent like it's not there, mental paint. And those lines on the fith scale shell are all flake, complete glitteryness in proportions you'd normally only see on a disco ball, again, lost in my photography.

Glad you enjoyed looking chaps and thanks for the kind comments

My paintwork thread