Thread: new X-7
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2013
Mad Member

I can't say this enough: Paul's first R/C car ever was a Tamiya Thundershot, and his second R/C car was a xx-4. X Factory's first car was the X - 5. 4WD is in our blood and is our first love. We are distressed that we have no 4WD at all on the market now, and are distressed at the length of time the X - 7 has been in development.

The X - 7 was on track and we were rolling before I got sick. X Factory almost died when I almost died, and both I and the company are on a long slow road to new vigor. The X - 7 will be, by a factor of at least 3, the most expensive thing we have ever done, and we must do that with sales recovering from the nadir.

Therefore, we developed the SCX - 60CF first. With the help of Speedy Dad, who did much of the nitty-gritty design work, we produced a revolutionary slim CF short course truck for sale in the largest and fastest-growing segment of the largest R/C market in the world. Once the SCX - 60CF was in place, doing the X - 60CF was relatively easy.

Meanwhile, what had become our biggest car was quite long in the tooth and, while still extremely competitive, new exciting products are a necessary fact of life in today's market. Since the Cubed shares some parts with the two trucks, and we expect good sales immediately, this was the direction we had to take.

All of these vehicles are/will be producing the money needed to make the X - 7. As soon as the Cubed is fully integrated into the production stream, the X - 7 is our next car.

Will we be able to release the X - 7 in 2013? As of June 12, I doubt it. If we were to turn our attention full time to the 7 right now, release for Christmas would be unlikely, and we won't be full blast on the 7 for at least another 8 weeks. It's not that the car needs lots of testing or development, it's a matter of getting R.F.P.s out, letting contracts, receiving parts, designing the box, writing the manual, doing all the ancillary stuff. If only it were just designing the car!

So let's be realistic and say 2014.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC