View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I like that idea nick, like you say its not perfect but it has a good base to work from, Less nats would encourage more regionals. the other thing we dont have in the summer for off road is a distributor/manufacturer run series. i know time is tight for meetings in the summer but prizes attract kids.

Schuey did it in TC so that the winner of each final get put into a raffle and they are drawn at the end and the driver chooses a gift, there were options of top end speedo`s and cars etc.

Factory drivers were not put into the raffle regardless of if they won the meeting, it went to the next highest placed non sponsored driver.
Yeah i just think the key thing is that it needs a major change to what we've all got so used to and comfortable with otherwise it's just not going to happen for us.

It's nothing against anyone but Nationals are still generally full of the same faces that have been doing them for 5 / 10 years plus which is great for keeping it competitive but it's in danger of becoming very enclosed and not really providing room for new blood to come up through.

Club racing and Regionals need to be where the focus is - I don't know the best way to do it but what i've said above is certainly a start to what i think would help?