View Single Post
Old 26-12-2013
Mad Member

Good advice offered by Andy. I did something similar in that I love rc stuff and fancied a bit of flying. For me though I wasn't sure on what I wanted in a model hence I bought 2. Its ironic that once the bug bites, most people end up with a few variants of quads and they tend to do different things.

My advice is, to find out what you want in a quad first.

If its smooth video and slow but stable its got to be a hex of some description.

If you want fast - its got to be a quad of either 330 or 450 size, the TBS range are fantastic and allow you to easily add a camera and fpv gear. Im sure at some point most pilots want to try fpv as it brings another level.

Also buy wisely. Generally KK2 and Naza are well known and lots of people have experienced all the problems associated and can offer answers and advice. Nothing wrong with Hobbyking, however from experience should anything go wrong, there not that great at customer support.

These are more find it out and tinker yourself models as nothing is relaly plug and play. Especially with programming transmitters lol.

Message back on here for any more advice or pm if you want.

Thanks

Col.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199