View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017

Both good clubs, get more 1/10th cars at this one though. That looks like a good deal and yes if running lipo I would want a cutout so best stick with nimh, won't make much difference. For that price it probably only comes with friction dampers so you may want to look out for some cheap oil filled ones. It does come with the torque tuned motor which is good and what most of us run at barley mow.

Alternative is to get a buggy which are also run at this one on a Monday, normally 8 or more, mix of 2 and 4wd. Benefit of a buggy is you can use them more or less anywhere. A touring car style is a bit limited due to the ride height, only a really smooth car park or similar. A buggy would be easier for your kid to try out in the future but downside is you could only run it here and not barley mow.

I wouldn't worry about the shell. Inside they get thrashed! I'm fairly competent yet still wreck mine! You can get quite a few pre painted ones cheap off ebay, seen some of the Carlilse outdoor lot using them, sure they were sub £20.