View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Seriously, I mean they are simply remaking the same 410 V4 buggy all over again and slapping a Serpent sticker on it thinking no one would notice? Ya I get that Gerd is the original developer of this chassis, but he made it as a Durango employee right? Isn't there some sort of intellectual property that Durango maintains? So much for Billy Eastons SRX4 I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post
Besides being shaft driven, can you tell me how it's Durango related? It's a brand new, ground-up design. If you've seen the Serpent SRX8 you'll be able to see how many design cues they share.

Unless the car is an exact copy of an existing design - which it isn't - you can't say there are any issues with intellectual property. There are many cars on the market that are very close indeed in terms of design - YZ-2 & B6, S12-1M & RB6 - this is a Serpent car that takes cues from Serpent products.

Nope - both the SRX4 and SDX4 platforms will sit alongside each other. It's down to the customer's preference of belt or shaft. Let's not forget the SRX4 has won both the Austrian/German nats and the DHI Cup.
both of you seem to have forgot before the "Durango " as we know it was put into production, Serpent were making it as the s500

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-ep-buggy.html