View Single Post
Old 14-06-2016
Mad Member

Just posted in the electrics bit - hadn't seen this thread. Mods, feel free to move my post if you want.

Copy of official announcement 13-6-16

Since 1978, Novak has been proud to be a part of the remote-controlled hobby industry, designing and manufacturing important and innovative products to the market such as the modern-day ESC for R/C cars in 1983 (NESC-1), and the first R/C car sensored brushless motor and ESC in 2002 (Super Sport Brushless System). Our customers, our business partners, and all of the friendships we have formed in this industry have made owning and operating Novak not feel like “work” but rather fulfilling a passion.
We are announcing that we have decided to close down our operations effective today. This decision was difficult to make, as this has been a family business spanning two generations.
We are proud that we were able to continue to manufacture products in California during our 38 years in business, and we hope we have been a good steward to the industry. 20 IFMAR World Championships and countless ROAR and Club races were won with Novak products over the years and we want to especially thank our customers and race organizations for their belief in our product and their enthusiasm for the hobby.
Rather than saying good-bye, we wish to say thank you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this incredible hobby and industry!
Bob Novak Laura Novak Linda Novak

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...