View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I find this more common in onroad than offroad, but I know what you mean. I've seen more than a few potential new racers turn up at the track with a TT01 or similar, still on the standard motor. They normally go home disheartened when they see the other car lap the track in less time than it takes them to get down the straight, use an esc that costs more than their entire setup and are carrying vast amounts of gear around even for a club meet.

Truth is though that its the driver that matters. I know quite a few good drivers insist on using older, cheaper gear because thats all they need to win. One of my clubs top drivers for example still runs a 20 year old 27mhz entry level Futaba Attack radio - it works as well for him as the latest DX3 so why not?
In fact, its worth noting that the clubs I know that have lots of new drivers are the ones that also have a good number of older hands that like to mess about the bargain basement gear (cheap cars, old cars etc).
I have every think that I need in the pits to race, and spares wise for the car its just going to take some pratice and learning this year how to drive and set up the car, im capable driving it, Its just over taking with other cars around me. Pratice makes perfect