View Single Post
Old 30-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 46 View Post
Why is it before every seasons racing there is stupid bickering about the stupid rules that the brca set out to seemingly deter the average club racer from competing at what is supposed to be the next level of racing. For myself though its not the next level of racing because i am only allowed to race the same people as i race against week in week out at the clubs i frequent. I dont get the opportunity to directly race against higher profile drivers because of another stupid piece of brca legislation. I also dont get to use all of the equipment that i and many others would like to use because of seriously outdated and poorly thought out homologation pricedures.

I am sure i am not the only one that is peed off with all of the crap that comes with the regionals. As far as i am concerned Colin is the man in charge. Ultimately he makes the decisions to how the racing will be conducted and his choices should be respected and stuck to, not questioned and undermined at every opportunity because that is what every the brca rulebook says and we have to stick to it because the book says so. I fully appriciate the requirement for rules but it should be down to the elected rep to put in place the rules that they think are neccasery and set out the racing in a way that best suits the drivers of the region and the hosting clubs of the region.

I no longer wish to read and hear of the crap that people who do nothing to help run the region give to the few that do. I would like to take this opportunity to thank colin for taking on the all to often unthanked task of running the regionals and doing a very solid job and also to benh who dragged the region up from the dogs a few years back and steering it in the right direction and for all the great work that you still do but unfortunatley i have had enough of the attitude of a few of the other racers and that really spoils it for me so i will not be racing at the first round because of this. Colin/ben could you please withdraw my entry from holbeach.

George

George,

It's a shame you feel this way about the BRCA and the way regionals are run.
I've been racing regionals for 11 years, and never seen or had a problem with the BRCA or any rules. So I'm puzzled as to the problems you are talking about???

It's very simple, 4 rounds of qualifying followed by finals, how ever many there are as long as there is 3 for the A final. This is the rules set out by the BRCA and is proven to work.

So where is the big problem? And who is it you want to race against and are not allowed to?

I'm not trying to cause problems here, just participating in a thread on an open forum.