View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014

I'm sorry sosidge but that's simply not accurate.

I completely understand the difficulties that clubs face, I'm part of the committee of my local club myself.

In my experience the RC community is fantastic. The race organisers will usually do anything and everything that they can within the confines of what they have available to them and I am always appreciative of the efforts people make.

However, the legislation states that it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of disability, this includes the standard of service which is provided to the disabled person or the manner in which it is provided.

In the case of an RC venue the question to be asked would be "If a rostrum is necessary why is it not necessary for everybody ?"

The legal test would always be one of "What is reasonable?"

For many venues such adaptations may well be considered unreasonable. However if any club is building new rostrum facilities then they would be as negligent to ignore discrimination legislation as they would health & safety.

If anyone would like any advice or input from a wheelchair user I'd be happy to help in any way I can.