View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017

KC is easier to work on vs KD.
Back end of KD is pain to open up to get to the diff. Motor has to come off, slipper etc... its not fun.. I would not want to do that between heats.

KC retains most of the logic of the KF for the rear so you can lift off the top of the rear transmission case to get access to belt & diff. Its easy to understand and can be done is say 10mins for relative novice taking it easy.

Belt changes for K2 are similar to rear access on KF / KC and same runs thru for the front end. Front end a touch harder. K2 in traverse format makes belt tension much easier. I've been tempted to cut away the front side guard to allow track side belt tension adjustment on the front otherwise you faff with screws to get a clean access to adjust (you will faff with tension initially to get it right).

Do also note the recent feedback from MB Models re Xray.. if shop support starts to fall away it won't be so nice. Plus check cost of parts like for like. Rear hub carrier seemed like a stark contrast as did built shocks when considering Xray.

NB - I'm relatively new to RC, so comes with YMMV rider.