View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007

I asked this exact same question on another forum a couple of days back, I was after opinion as much as a list of differences, Didn't get a whole lot of answers but I will copy/paste a list I was given.

and here it is, With thanks to JeffEmbracedDC over at rccaraction.

Quote:
some of the differences are style, some are performance, and some are durability.

The differences between the Team and the Factory Team are these

STYLE
  • Blue motor plate
  • blue aluminum screws
  • Blue front spindles
DURABILITY
  • Ubontanium Shock Shafts
  • Titanium Turnbuckles
PERFORMANCE
  • Carbon arms
  • Carbon knuckles
  • Carbon caster blocks
  • Carbon rear carriers
  • Carbon main chassis
  • Carbon shock towers
  • Carbon top plate
  • Carbon rear chassis brace
  • Threaded shock bodies
  • Woven carbon fiber battery strap
  • Lightened steel Outdrives
  • Steering rack bearings
  • I think it comes with a sway bar kit.
There are a few more that cross over style, durability and performance. One being the blue aluminum servo mounts. they're stronger, look cooler and will give you more reliable steering. Another is the aluminum hingepin brace. looks cool and makes your car stronger.

I think that's it.. however, I can't tell ya for sure. I don't even own one.

Real world results:
  • your car looks cooler
  • your turnbuckles are lighter and much much stronger
  • your shock shafts stay smooth longer which results in less rebuilds. They're also stronger than standard steel shock shafts.
  • The carbon parts are lighter and harder. The standard composite components flex a little more and add weight which ultimately makes the car easier to drive for beginners. This is more of a personal preference than an "upgrade" but they are in the kit to make it truly "factory team".
  • The lightened steel outdrives are of course lighter, they look a little cooler, and they supposedly make you accelerate faster. However, they're not as strong as the standard steel outdrives.