View Single Post
Old 15-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11110111 View Post
whooop mine arrived!

dont worry - this aint one that is going to stay in the box for all its life

question now - what would be a good brushless system to fit? tempted to go Lipo too, suggestions PLS! new to Lipo's so from the basics!

also - can i use my tamiya ESC/Rx combo & standard tamiya battery for this/tamtech kit? if so, how long would i need to charge the battery for? I got one of those old school Riko chargers, was looking at getting one of these batteries...

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Product...=TTG1&CartID=1

is that the right type? I think i need a NiCad for my riko charger right?
Hi,
in standard trim they are dog slow and desperately need oil filled dampers,there are 3 good options for dampers,either the plastic Tamiya option hopup ones[£15.00],the 3 racing alloy ones[£20.00] or the loverly alloy Tamiya airation ones[a bit pricey at about [£55.00]
Motor wise,brushless is surely the way to go,i have Castle Mamba 25`s in a few of my runner TTG`s,i would recomend a 5400 - 6800 kv one ,leaving more gearing options,the 8000kv one is mad fast and the transmition will handle the power.You need to file the top hole on the motor plate a little to get them to fit[easy job]
For batterys,the chassis is quite heavy so i mainly use Lipo`s,there are plenty of lipo options and they are much better value than 1/10,power to weight makes them fly and they have excellent duration.
A while ago i bought a Prolux 104 charger,it will do all types and sizes of cells for RC use[lipo`s included]
I can`t recomend brushless and lipo`s enough,the transformation is stunning.
HTH