Thread: SX in action
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
when I raced out in Florida late last year once the groove started to appear the grip was higher than a typical grass track. When the groove was fully up it was higher grip than anything I've ever experienced, the Worksop surface is very similar in grip levels to a well groomed dirt track before it grooves.

Re the bumps:- Worksop is a smooth surface, but thats because it's indoors. A grass track getts rutted after it's had a couple of rounds on it at a big meeting, there might not be many jumps usually but it's certainly not glass smooth
I agree that a blue-groove dirt track would offer similar grip levels to grass but there are still a lot of dirt tracks around the world that aren't close to being blue groove.

If you think about the 05 worlds track in Collegno - that's what I'm talking about - very rough and slippery with sharp jagged ruts through the corners.

These style tracks are the biggest test for a buggy's drivetrain in terms of durability and reliability and are also a good test of a cars handling ability - as often the car is sliding into sharp ruts.

I think at somepoint Schumacher need to (if they haven't already) test the car on a rough dirt track - just to be sure that the car does work everywhere