View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bish View Post
For what it's worth i just got the Carbon chassis. With everything else as per kit and a chunky Tekin RSX it weighs in race ready with transponder and chassis protector at 1496g with dart rears and stagger fronts. The carbon chassis is very cleverly cut with the longitudinal channels allowing twist whilst remaining longitudinally stiff.

Cougar is not getting much exposure in the US as the Losi/TLR and AE steamrollers are releasing laydown versions. With the proliferation of carpet/astro, the Yokomo/X-Ray seem to get first mention everywhere. Bizarre, as Orlowski won the EOS 2wd with a Cougar KC!
I bet this is down to marketing. Among drivers in my region, Schumacher has been considered a real contender since the KF at the latest, but as you used to have hardly any dealers other than the distributor, they were a rare sight. As one of Germany's larger online shops has picked up Schumacher, this may be about to change. In the US, things may look similar, no top tier drivers, no support network that comes close to the domestic brands. It is not always the best kit that sells best...
Although I am a Yokomo guy by heart, I am ready to give the KC a try, at least until the next version of the YZ-2 is around the corner. Who knows, maybe it can convince me to stay. Thank you, guys!