View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinevan View Post
Its got 4gb ram at the moment, but to be honest just by going to windows 7 has unleasehed a lot more speediness all around. Something that i didnt really notice before. People say the 64 bit op system can see more ram than 3.5 anyways so maybe the extra .5gb has helped as well.

I think for the time being i will leave the ram until i change the mobo. As this is the older ddr2 ( i think ha ha ). New mobo would support the ddr3 so id have to re buy the lot.

Iv allready been looking ha ha ..
4GB is plenty for a 64-bit os, i didn't realize you were running that much.

The maximum RAM limit for 32-bit Windows 7 editions is 4GB. On the 64-bit editions, the amount of memory that the OS can use depends on which edition you are running. Yes, Windows 7 is a great operating system and if its tweaked it can be made to run fast on as little as 1GB for most average usage, obviously for gaming you would need more.

Here are the maximum RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7 64-bit:

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

There isn't that much of a noticeable difference between DDR2 and DDR3 ram really. if you get a good quality stick of DDR2 the differences will not be worth the extra cost. The DDR3 ram is much more expensive than the older DDR2 stuff

have a look on here for RAM, they do all diffrent types of good quality ram, their software is useful too, it shows you exactly which type of RAM your motherboard uses

http://www.crucial.com/uk/?click=true

hope this helps you out with your PC build

LRP - GO engines - KO Propo - Nosram

Model Cars Reading Team Driver

my feedback page