View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
The BRCA are us the racers, the committee is voted in by us and the rules are voted in by us and voted out by us.

If you don't like something its important to act to change it.

As someone who is involved with getting stuff homologated and has had products fail at a big expense to us, I still think its vitally important work that Paul Worsley does in his own time for no cost.

Firstly the fees if any are completely negligible, any company looking to sell a product into UK can get homologated.

The rules for motors especially are a cost saver to us the racer as they limit the factors that could make a motor super fast but have a very short lifespan, meaning that only the top sponsored guys could have any chance to win competitions like the bad old days.

Batteries can be and are overcharged and at too high a C rate which causes dangers and reduces lifespan, again the voltage check keeps these factors in check.

To have a race class you must have rules, these rules do need amending to keep up with market trends and technical improvements. To me Offroad is one of the few classes that is really open and fair. Go to a TC Spec race and you need a lawyer to get past Scrutineering.
I have been a member of the BRCA for many years and have never ever been invited to Vote in or Vote out anyone from it...
I personally agree with Jimmy on this. Its like we are stuck in the 80's/90's.
As for Batterys and motors in 1/10th off road. Speed advantages are hardly noticeable between a 10.5 Boosted and 6.5 Boosted so i personally think any motor should be acceptable.

MY 2P worth