View Single Post
Old 20-08-2007

well this really has opened a can of worms but if i could put a finer search on what i'm after as i went into jessops today to have a look at these cameras first hand...

I really want a camera that i can build on and not have to upgrade after 6 months because either lack of lense choice or not being able to take the pics i want.

Also i really need to be able to change settings quickly as i will be mainly using it for RC race meets where you only have 5 mins to get the shot your after so i would really like more buttons over an on screen menu.

As for where the images will end up, a number of places really, generally not to be printed but they will be used on the web and also published in a magazine or 2 hopefully.

I would rather get a camera where a flash is not necessary as many people have already said drivers tend to start throwing things at you if you blind them too much with a flash and i dont like the pictures a flash generally provides.

from what people have said i guess the decission is between something like the Nikon D70 or the Cannon 350/400D. what are the differences between these cameras, or am i still on the wrong tracks?

are the nikon lenses compatible with the cannon systems and visa versa or are they a different fixing?

this sort of money is quite a lot to spend for me so i'm sorry if i'm asking obvious questions but i really dont want to make the wrong choice and have to shell out twice. I guess i'm in the same boat that Jimmy was in 3 years ago, no real intention of taking this too seriously but if i do i want to know the kit i'm buying is going to be up to the job, i'd rather spend an extra £100 now than have to buy a whole new body in a few months

once again all your help is very much appreciated